NC COMMUNITY ACTION ASSOCIATION PARTNERS WITH NATIONAL BUSINESS TRAINING TO ADVANCE CAREERS AND CHANGE LIVES OF NORTH CAROLINIANS
The North Carolina Community Action Association (NCCAA) is the statewide association of North Carolina’s 34 Community Action Agencies and four single-purpose agencies. Their agencies share a common mission: to help low-income people become self-sufficient and independent of public programs.
National Business Training’s Information Technology training and career services can help NCCAA clients get re-trained and back in the workforce. Our goal in Workforce Development is to provide training that leads to gainful employment. Our courses are designed to provide each student with employable skills, as well as additional soft skills training that can provide pathways to employment.
Approved courses include:
- A one-on-one consultation with our Career Services department
- Resume review, updates, and placement advice by a staff managed by a certified resume writer and career coach
- Exams, practice exams, and second shot exams on applicable and qualifying courses
- Access to on-campus career fairs
Clients can utilize our 100% instructor-led, Train LIVE cloud-based platform. This learning method saves time and travel, is fully interactive, and is archived for 6 months following the course.
Why Information Technology?
- The Information Technology unemployment rate in North Carolina is regularly less than half the general unemployment rate
- According to the 2015 NCTA State of Technology report, of the 87 separate NAICS codes that make up the technology sector, 220,000 people are employed in technology in North Carolina.
- According to CompTIA, 66% of decision makers at tech companies believe IT certifications are more important than a college degree in their hiring criteria
Courses submitted for NCCAA and other participating Agencies include:
- Cisco CCNAX certification (ICND1 and ICND2)
- CompTIA A+ certification
- CompTIA Network+ certification
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- CompTIA Healthcare IT Technician
- EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker
- ITIL Foundation 2011 Edition
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Boot Camp
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Access
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Excel
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Outlook
- Microsoft Office Specialist: PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office Specialist: Word
- MS 20461 – Querying Microsoft SQL Server
- MS 20462 – Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases
- MS 20463 – Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server
- Project Management Essentials
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage v5.5
- VMware vSphere Install, Configure, Manage v6.0
If you are an NCCAA client interested in registering for a course, please fill out and submit the form on this page and you will be contacted with enrollment instructions.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT TRAINING WITH NATIONAL BUSINESS TRAINING ASK THE AMBASSADOR!
CONTACT GEORGE PERRY, WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AMBASSADOR
919-654-2235 (office) 919-725-5112 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org